The path to successful career planning starts here. Saint Louis University’s Office of Pre-Health and Pre-Law Studies advises undergraduate students considering careers in health-related fields (i.e. medicine, dentistry, optometry, physician assistance, physical therapy, pharmacy, podiatry, or veterinary medicine), and in legal professions.
We are here to help students prepare for medical school, maximize coursework and extracurricular experiences, and become well-rounded candidates for professional schooling.
Our services include:
- Assistance with coordination of coursework and activities in preparation for application to medical, dental, veterinary, law, and other professional schools
- Guidance during the health professional schools and law school application process
- Specialized coursework geared toward student exploration of their field of interest
- Informational sessions and workshops on various topics
- e.g. office-hours with law school admissions personnel, composition of personal statements and resumes, professional school interview preparation and tips, etc.
Pre-health and pre-law advisors can help you:
- explore your graduate school and career path options
- choose the best major(s) and/or minor(s) to meet your goals
- integrate professional school prerequisite and preparatory courses into your schedule
- locate service, leadership and research opportunities
- navigate the professional school application process
- prepare to request letters of recommendation
- devise preparation plans for graduate school exams such as the DAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, or OAT
- overcome challenges you may encounter
In addition to informational sessions and specialized workshops and courses, our office offers individual and group advising.