Saint Louis University encourages you to apply using our free online application. All applications are thoroughly reviewed with the highest degree of individual care and consideration. Here’s what we’re looking for:
Solid academic performance in college preparatory coursework is a primary consideration when we review your freshman application.
To be considered for admission, you must be graduating from high school, have an acceptable HiSET exam score or take the General Education Development (GED) test.
Prospective students are also strongly encouraged to present five academic courses for each of their four years of high school, including:
- Four years each of English and mathematics
- Three years each of foreign language, natural sciences, social sciences and academic electives
Academic programs within the Doisy College of Health Sciences require high school natural sciences courses in biology and chemistry. Physics is strongly recommended for physical therapy applicants.
If you earned college credit during high school through Advanced Placement, Dual Enrollment or 1818 courses, please refer to the Advanced Placement Examination Chart for more information on transferring those credits to SLU.
Saint Louis University will move to a standardized test optional admission process for all undergraduate programs beginning with students applying for admission to the 2021-2022 academic year. Applicants may submit standardized test scores, but those who choose not to will not be disadvantaged in any way in the admission process.
Applicants who choose to submit ACT and/or SAT scores can have them sent electronically from the testing company or include them on official high school transcripts. Self-reported scores will also be considered. If multiple test results are sent, SLU does not superscore.
- SLU’s ACT code is 2352
- SLU’s SAT code is 6629
English Language Proficiency
International applicants are required to demonstrate their English language proficiency, which can be done by submitting any one of the following:
- 550 on the paper-based TOEFL (PBT)
- 80 on the internet-based TOEFL (IBT)
- 627 on the TOEFL ITP Plus for China
- 6.5 on the IELTS
- 54 on the PTE
- 540 on the Evidence-Based Reading/Writing portion of the SAT
- 21 on the English portion of the ACT
- Successful completion of a college-level, non-ESL English class at a U.S. college or university
- 125 on Duolingo†
SLU reserves the right to require additional testing of any incoming student's English skills. Our ETS code for TOEFL is 6629. Scores are considered valid for two years.
† Saint Louis University will accept Duolingo scores from students affected by testing center closures. Contact email@example.com for more information about submitting your Duolingo scores.
You must submit the following items to complete your application for admission. Your application will only be reviewed after all items have been received.
Official High School Transcripts
Transcripts should be sent electronically by the issuing institution(s) to Saint Louis University at firstname.lastname@example.org. Both weighted and unweighted GPAs will be considered.
Please contact the Office of Admission at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about submitting electronic documents, and we will be happy to work with you.
Additional Items for Consideration
Though not required for admission, the following items are strongly encouraged. Please note that all documents must be submitted electronically at this time. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns about this, and we will be happy to work with you.
- Secondary School Report Form. The Secondary School Report Form should be completed by your high school guidance counselor.
- Professional Résumé. Résumés may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, state and high school on your résumé.
- Letters of recommendation. Letters should be emailed from the recommender to email@example.com, and must include your name, state and high school.
- Admission Interview. To set up a one-on-one admission interview on campus, contact the Office of Admission at 314-977-2500 and ask to speak to a visit assistant.
- Personal Essay. All applicants for freshman admission must submit a personal essay when they apply through the Common Application or through the SLU online application.
Additional Requirements for Music and Studio Art
There are additional requirements to complete your application if you are applying to the music or studio-art programs:
- An audition is required for admission to the music program; you may audition on campus or submit a video audition via Get Accept'd.
- A portfolio review is required for admission to the studio-art program. The program uses SlideRoom to accept portfolios for admission consideration.
*Please note: The Office of Admission reserves the right to rescind an offer of admission at any time.